Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Graphic Designers and Illustrators in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Graphic Designers and Illustrators (NOC 5241) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 14 - Dec 18, 2015
- The Taber Police Commission is dealing with a budget cut to the Taber Police Services following a decision by the Town of Taber. The slated budget for 2016 will cover wage and benefit increases for officers but includes a deficit in operational funding.
- The Medicine Hat News is cutting four employees in a reorganization that will shift some of its advertising work overseas starting on August 1, 2015. The paper has reduced its staff by 60 employees in the last decade in an effort to remain competitive.
- Global TV is cutting 11 positions in Lethbridge by the end of May 2014, but offering the affected employees the opportunity to compete for four newly revamped positions at the station
- The City of Lethbridge has awarded a $688,000 contract to AECOM Canada Ltd. of Calgary for structural design work related to bridge and pedestrian projects over the next several years
- Date Modified: