Access job seeker resources
Job searching just got easier. You can now synchronize our mobile app with your Job Bank account. Don’t have the app yet? Download it today.
Canada Summer Jobs
Right now, there are thousands of summer jobs available for young Canadians aged 15 to 30. Don’t miss out!
Working during COVID
Stay up to date on the climate of the labour market. Look through available jobs, tools and learn about key sectors.
See what our accounts can do for you
Sign up today and start using tools and services that can help you find a job. All you need is an email address.
- Customize your search by browsing thousands of job and using filters to narrow down your search.
- Get notified about new job postings by signing up for Job Alerts – a free email notification service that sends you job postings daily.
- Prepare to apply by picking from multiple resume templates and fill in the pre-defined sections with your own skills, work history and experience.
Upgrade to a Plus Account and take advantage of even more tools and services.
- Match with employers by filling out a profile and let us do the rest. We’ll link you to current job openings based on your job seeker profile.
- Receive invitations to apply from verified employers who will be able to see your profile and qualifications.
- Share your resume, pre-existing or from the Resume Builder, right from the job posting. With a few simple clicks, you can upload within minutes and apply.
Looking for more? Read below!
Search for jobs
To start searching for jobs, you can attend job fairs online or in person, use job boards and career websites or reach out directly to recruiters in a targeted company to broaden your network. Also, Job Bank offers a job search tool that allows you to browse through thousands of jobs across Canada and to apply filters that specify your needs.
While on the go, Job Bank mobile app is the perfect tool to search efficiently for jobs. Its easy-to-use features can help you optimize your time.
Build a good resume
An efficient resume should promote your abilities and include tangible accomplishments that are relevant to the job you apply for. You should also prepare a cover letter that is concise and elaborates on how you can put your skills to use in the organization.
Use the Resume Builder and create a professional resume by picking a template and customizing it to demonstrate your qualifications. Just sign up for a Standard or Plus account on Job Bank and get started today.
Perform during your interview
To prepare for an interview, you should think of common questions and possible answers. You should also be ready to give examples of situations you experienced that demonstrate you have the skills, experience and training required by the organization. The STAR (situation, task, action, result) method can help you structure your examples. Don’t forget to bring copies of your resume and list of references.
Find Veteran job market information, as well as resources for education, training, career transition and employment opportunities.
Learn more about part-time and full-time job opportunities for youth, and get easy access to resources that will help you with your job search.
Discover a wide range of resources and tools to help you along with your job search journey.
Newcomers to Canada
Discover tools to help newcomers find a job, and learn how they can get their credentials recognized in Canada.
- Date modified: