Job description Food And Beverage Server near Calgary (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "food and beverage server" was moved from the group Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) to the group Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200).
Find out what work is like for a food and beverage server in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200).
Food and beverage servers
Food and beverage servers take patrons' food and beverage orders and serve orders to patrons. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and similar establishments.
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Recommend wines that complement patrons' meals
- Serve food and beverages
- Prepare and serve specialty foods at patrons' tables
- Present bill to patrons and accept payment
- May order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- May perform sensory evaluation of wines.
- banquet server
- captain waiter/waitress
- chief wine steward
- cocktail waiter/waitress
- food and beverage server
- formal service waiter/waitress
- wine steward
- Date modified: