Job prospects Manufacturing Technician - Industrial Engineering near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a manufacturing technician - industrial engineering.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians (NOC 2233) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,090 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 18%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 15%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: