Job prospects Insurance Underwriter in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) are good in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an insurance underwriter.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be good for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Insurance underwriters in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 600 people work in this occupation.
- Insurance underwriters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 89% of insurance underwriters work all year, while 11% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Good Good|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: