Job prospects Aircraft Maintenance Service Supervisor near Toronto (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "aircraft maintenance service supervisor" was moved from the group Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades (NOC 7301) to the group Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades (NOC 72020).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades (NOC 7301) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,840 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 48%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: