Summary General Office Worker near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a general office worker. The following information is applicable to all General office support workers (NOC 1411).
General office support workers prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones, verify, record and process forms and documents such as contracts and requisitions and perform general clerical duties according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job outlook is fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts and other documents
- Process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically
- Date modified: