Summary Construction Technician - Civil Engineering near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a construction technician - civil engineering. The following information is applicable to all Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231).
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by consulting engineering and construction companies, public works, transportation and other government departments and in many other industries.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Prepare project schedules
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections, technical investigations and testing of construction materials
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations
- Date modified: