Summary Athletic Therapist near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an athletic therapist. The following information is applicable to all Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment (NOC 3144).
Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment include specialized therapists who use techniques such as athletic, movement, art or recreational therapy to aid in the treatment of mental and physical disabilities or injuries. They are employed by establishments such as hospitals, rehabilitation centres, extended health care facilities, clinics, recreational centres, nursing homes, industry, educational institutions and sports organizations, or they may work in private practice.
University education usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job outlook is good in the Winnipeg Region
advertised in Manitoba
- Interview patients and review reports from health care professionals to determine patients' current and potential functioning levels
- Prepare a treatment plan for each patient
- Implement treatment plans
- Observe and analyze patients during treatment sessions
- Record observations, write progress reports and consult with other health care professionals to evaluate treatment plans
- Date modified: