Summary Chemical Engineer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a chemical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Chemical engineers (NOC 2134).
Chemical engineers research, design, and develop chemical processes and equipment, oversee the operation and maintenance of industrial chemical, plastics, pharmaceutical, resource, pulp and paper, and food processing plants and perform duties related to chemical quality control, environmental protection and biochemical or biotechnical engineering. They are employed in a wide range of manufacturing and processing industries, consulting firms, government, research and educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job outlook is good in the Toronto Region
advertised in Ontario
- Conduct economic and technical feasibility studies
- Design and test chemical processing and associated plants and equipment
- Conduct research into the development or improvement of chemical engineering processes, reactions and materials
- Establish and conduct quality control programs, operating procedures and control strategies
- Develop guidelines and specifications for the handling of dangerous chemicals, environmental protection, or standards for foods, materials and consumer goods
- Date modified: