Summary Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.). The following information is applicable to all Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233).
Licensed practical nurses provide nursing care usually under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. Operating room technicians prepare patients and provide assistance to medical practitioners prior to and during surgery. Licensed practical nurses are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, companies, private homes and community health centres. Operating room technicians are employed in hospitals.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Winnipeg Region
The job outlook is good in the Winnipeg Region
advertised near Winnipeg (MB)
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
- Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
- Take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitore nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection
- Date modified: