Job description Registered Investment Representative in Canada Green job Help - Green job - Help
Find out what work is like for a registered investment representative in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (NOC 11103).
Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.
- Securities agents and investment dealers
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
- Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and investment company financial analysts
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
- Prepare reviews of portfolios' positions.
- bond dealer
- commodity broker
- discount broker
- floor trader - commodity exchange
- foreign exchange trader
- investment dealer
- mutual fund broker
- mutual fund sales representative
- registered investment representative
- registered representatives supervisor
- securities agent
- securities sales agent
- securities trader
- Other financial officers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Financial and investment analysts
- Date modified: