Job description Power System Electrician in Saskatchewan
Find out what work is like for a power system electrician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Power system electricians (NOC 7243).
Power system electricians
Power system electricians install, maintain, test and repair electrical power generation, transmission and distribution system equipment and apparatus. They are employed by electric power generation, transmission and distribution companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Install and maintain electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Install and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus in generating stations or powerhouses
- Inspect and test installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
- Complete test and maintenance reports.
- power system electrician
- power electrician
- apprentice power system electrician
- power station electrician
- Electrical power line and cable workers
- Electrical mechanics
- Industrial electricians
- Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- Date modified: