Job description Harvest Hand near Kelowna (BC)
Find out what work is like for a harvest hand in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611).
Harvesting labourers assist other farm workers to harvest, sort and pack crops.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Pick row and orchard crops
- Sort, weigh and pack fruit and vegetables at the farm
- Load, unload and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce and products for transport
- Clean up racks, trays, and harvest bins and general clean up of growing, producing and packing areas
- Assist with general farm maintenance and maintenance of equipment and tools
- May assist in preparing garden beds for planting
- May write daily progress reports of inventory harvested.
- vegetable packer - farm
- apple picker
- berry picker
- fruit picker
- harvest hand
- crop farm labourer - harvesting
- fruit sorter - farm
- Managers in agriculture
- General farm workers
- Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- Date modified: