Job description Mine Labourer in Canada
Find out what work is like for a mine labourer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Mine labourers (NOC 8614).
Mine labourers carry out a variety of general labouring duties to assist in the extraction of coal, minerals and ore, and in other services in support of underground mining. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assist other mine workers in maintaining or constructing underground installations
- Clean underground rooms, roadways, working areas and mining equipment and conveyances using hand tools
- Load, move, sort and pile materials and supplies
- Clear spills of ore or coal using hand and power tools
- May cut core and prepare core sample boxes in support of mine exploration
- Assist other workers in prospecting for mineral deposits and perform various tasks related to general geophysical surveys.
- mine helper
- mine labourer
- pit scaler - underground mining
- shoveller - underground mining
- chute puller
- underground labourer - mining
- miner helper - underground mining
- Date modified: