Job prospects Finance Director near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Financial managers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a finance director.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Financial managers (NOC 0111) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Toronto economic region is the corporate and economic hub for Canada, including for the financial services, and with a strong cluster of large accounting and related businesses. A fair number of job openings should also arise in areas such as food manufacturing and within wholesale distribution companies. The economic region accounts for an above-average share of financial managers in Ontario.
Here are some key facts about Financial managers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 17,500 people work in this occupation.
- Financial managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 39%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: