Job prospects Director, Sales Agency Marketing Division in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a director, sales agency marketing division.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Advertising, marketing and public relations managers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 3,050 people work in this occupation.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 20%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 8%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 7%
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 91% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 9% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 69% of advertising, marketing and public relations managers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of advertising, marketing and public relations managers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Fair Fair|
|North Coast Region||Fair Fair|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: