Job prospects Specialized Cleaner near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Specialized cleaners near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a specialized cleaner.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Toronto accounts for an above-average share of the province's larger companies offering services to buildings and dwellings as well as automobile dealerships. The region also has the greatest concentration of high-rise office towers and condominiums with several others being constructed. These trends will support favourable prospects for these workers, particularly for cleaners who work at heights.
Here are some key facts about Specialized cleaners in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 5,360 people work in this occupation.
- Specialized cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 30%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 28%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 20%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: