Job prospects Transplanter - Landscape Maintenance near Halifax (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers near Halifax (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a transplanter - landscape maintenance.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) in the Halifax region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 890 people work in this occupation.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55-56): 58%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 16%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 5%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: