Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 3,100 people work in this occupation.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 87%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 75% of restaurant and food service managers work all year, while 25% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 27% of restaurant and food service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Limited Limited|
|North Central Region||Fair Fair|
|North Region||Fair Fair|
|Parklands Region||Fair Fair|
|South Central Region||Fair Fair|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Limited Limited|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: