Job prospects Personal Support Worker - Home Support near Hamilton (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations near Hamilton (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a personal support worker - home support.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations (NOC 4412) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 3,060 people work in this occupation.
- Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 44%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 37%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: