Job prospects Advertising And Promotions Specialist in the Ottawa Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations in the Ottawa Region. These trends also apply to people working as an advertising and promotions specialist.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Federal government departments, which are dominant in this region, account for the leading share of employment of these professionals in Ottawa. A few opportunities are expected to arise as these departments have been ramping up hiring following cutbacks a few years earlier.
Applicants who are fluent in both English and French will have improved job prospects.
Here are some key facts about Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 8,280 people work in this occupation.
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 31%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 20%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 13%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: