Job prospects Mechanical Engineer near Longueuil (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "mechanical engineer" was moved from the group Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132) to the group Mechanical engineers (NOC 21301).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Mechanical engineers" near Longueuil (QC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132) in the Montérégie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical engineers in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 1,680 people work in this occupation.
- Mechanical engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 30%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 21%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 7%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: