Job prospects Computer Software Engineer in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Software engineers and designers" in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Software engineers and designers (NOC 21231) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Software engineers and designers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 5,030 people work in this occupation.
- Software engineers and designers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 54%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 16%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Software engineers and designers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: