Job prospects Insurance Underwriter in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an insurance underwriter.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Insurance underwriters in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 900 people work in this occupation.
- Insurance underwriters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 87% of insurance underwriters work all year, while 13% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Good Good|
|Parklands Region||Good Good|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: