Job requirements Courier Service Driver near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a courier service driver near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Delivery and courier service drivers (NOC 7514).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A driver's licence appropriate to the class of vehicle being driven is required.
- One year of safe driving experience is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Eligibility for bonding and transportation of dangerous goods (TGD) certification may be required for delivery and courier drivers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: