Job requirements Farm Produce Grading Service Contractor near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a farm produce grading service contractor near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 82030).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Agricultural service contractors usually require a university degree, college diploma or industry courses in agricultural studies and several years of experience related to the service offered.
- Contractors providing certain services, such as artificial insemination and pesticide application, may require training certificates and provincial licensing.
- Farm supervisors may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
Professional certification and licensingBritish Columbia
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: