Job requirements Arborist in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as an arborist in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists (NOC 2225).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a university or college program in agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture, landscaping, landscape design or landscape technology is usually required.
- Experience as a landscape and grounds maintenance labourer may be required for golf course superintendents, landscape gardeners and landscapers.
- An apprenticeship program is available for horticulturists, arboriculturists and landscape gardeners.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title of Professional Technologist.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: