Job requirements Personal Support Worker - Home Support in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a personal support worker - home support in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations (NOC 4412).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Home management experience may be required.
- College or other courses in home support may be required.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Québec||Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers And Relatated Ocupations||Regulated||Emploi Québec|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: