Job requirements Kinesiologist in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a kinesiologist in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment (NOC 31204).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Kinesiologists require a four-year bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, physical education or human kinetics.
- Certification for kinesiologists is available through the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for kinesiologists in Ontario.
- Athletic therapists require a bachelor's degree in sport therapy or a degree in health sciences with a specialization in sports injury management.
- Recreational therapists usually require a bachelor's degree in recreation with a specialization in therapeutic recreation.
- Supervised practical training is usually required for occupations in this unit group.
- Certification or membership with the appropriate national professional association or provincial counterpart may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: