Job requirements Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator near Calgary (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as an apprentice industrial painter and decorator near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience in the trade is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for painters and decorators is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified painters and decorators upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: