Job requirements Construction Labourer And Helper near Vancouver (BC)

National Occupational Classification update

We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "construction labourer and helper" was moved from the group Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611) to the group Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 75110).

Find out what you typically need to work as a construction labourer and helper near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 75110).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required for construction trade helpers.
  • Some pipeline workers, such as stabbers, mandrel operators and pre-heater tenders, usually require one season of experience in oil and gas pipeline construction.
  • On-the-job training may be provided.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
British Columbia Construction Craft Worker (labourer) Regulated (voluntary) Industry Training Authority British Columbia

Find out where this occupation is regulated in Canada

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

List of Associations

Associations are organizations that may provide news to its members about networking events, professional development and other common issues for people working in the same industry.

List of Associations
Associations Contact information
Regional level
Vancouver Regional Construction Association

3636 East 4th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5M1M3

Phone number 604 - 2943766

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: