Summary District Representative, Government Agricultural Service near Saskatoon (SK)
Find key facts and figures about working as a district representative, government agricultural service. The following information is applicable to all Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists (NOC 2123).
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Saskatchewan
The job outlook is good in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
advertised near Saskatoon (SK)
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on agricultural subjects
- Date modified: