Summary Archivist in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an archivist. The following information is applicable to all Archivists (NOC 5113).
Archivists manage, process, store and disseminate information contained in an organization's archives. They acquire, store and research textual material, pictures, maps, architectural documents, electronic materials, films and videos, and sound recordings and multimedia materials. They are employed in archives, in the public and para-public sectors and in private sector organizations.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Appraise and acquire archival materials
- Develop and maintain archival collection
- Authenticate historical documents and records
- Research the origins and historical significance of archival materials
- Assist users in accessing archival materials
- Date modified: