Summary Electrical Engineer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an electrical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133).
Electrical and electronics engineers design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and by a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries and government.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Date modified: