Summary Plasterer in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a plasterer. The following information is applicable to all Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers (NOC 7284).
Plasterers apply finish, and maintain and restore plaster or similar materials, on interior and exterior walls, ceilings and building partitions to produce plain or decorative surfaces. Drywall installers and finishers install and finish drywall sheets and various types of ceiling systems. Lathers install support framework for ceiling systems, interior and exterior walls and building partitions. They are employed by construction companies and by plastering, drywalling and lathing contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Date modified: