Summary Climatologist in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a climatologist. The following information is applicable to all Meteorologists and climatologists (NOC 2114).
Meteorologists and climatologists analyze and forecast weather, provide consultation on atmospheric phenomena and conduct research into the processes and phenomena of weather, climate and atmosphere. They are employed by all levels of government, natural resources and utility companies, the media and private consulting firms, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Analyze and interpret data
- Produce weather forecasts
- Conduct research of atmospheric phenomena, weather and climate
- Develop and test mathematical computer profiles of weather and climate
- Analyze the impact of industrial projects and human activity on the climate and quality of the air
- Date modified: