Summary Dental Assistant in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a dental assistant. The following information is applicable to all Dental assistants (NOC 3411).
Dental assistants assist dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. They work in dentists' offices, community health centres, clinics and in educational institutions.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Prepare patients for dental examinations
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Date modified: