Summary Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an illustrator and graphic designer. The following information is applicable to all Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241).
Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs. They are employed by advertising and graphic design firms, by establishments with advertising or communications departments and by multimedia production companies, or they may be self-employed. Graphic designers who are also supervisors, project managers or consultants are included in this unit group. Illustrators conceptualize and create illustrations to represent information through images. They are almost solely self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job outlook is fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
- Date modified: