Summary Insurance Underwriter in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an insurance underwriter. The following information is applicable to all Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313).
Insurance underwriters review and evaluate insurance applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums and extent of insurance coverage according to company policies. They are employed at head and branch offices of insurance companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Review individual and group applications for insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of coverage and other conditions
- Use medical reports, rate tables and other documents to determine coverage
- Approve sale of insurance policies
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Date modified: