Summary Autobody Repairer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an autobody repairer. The following information is applicable to all Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322).
Motor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships, automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres. This unit group also includes metal repairers who repair defective automobile body parts and damage to the bodies of newly assembled cars. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturers.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers
- Date modified: