Job description Nursing Services Co-ordinator near Longueuil (QC)
Find out what work is like for a nursing services co-ordinator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011).
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel in the provision of patient care. They are employed in health care institutions such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and in nursing agencies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel
- Evaluate patients' needs and ensure that required nursing care is delivered
- Set up and co-ordinate nursing services in conjunction with other health services
- Ensure quality nursing care is provided and appropriate administrative procedures are followed
- Assist in the establishment of unit policies and procedures
- Administer nursing unit budget and ensure that supplies and equipment are available
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of nursing personnel
- Collaborate on research projects related to nursing and medical care and multidisciplinary services
- May provide direct patient care.
- nursing services co-ordinator
- patient care co-ordinator - nursing
- nursing care co-ordinator
- nursing supervisor
- psychiatric nursing supervisor
- public health nursing supervisor
- Date modified: