Job outlook Light Duty Cleaner in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 5,200 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56 except 5614): 32%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 17%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 16%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 14%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 63% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 37% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 55% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 45% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 11% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: