Job requirements Police Officer in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a police officer in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Police officers (except commissioned) (NOC 42100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program in police technology is required in Québec and usually required in other provinces and territories.
- A three- to six-month police training program is required.
- Physical agility, strength, fitness and vision requirements must be met, and psychological or other tests are also required.
- Specialized training or certification may be required for certain areas of policing.
Professional certification and licensing
We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: