Summary Air Traffic Controller (ATC) near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an air traffic controller (ATC). The following information is applicable to all Air traffic controllers and related occupations (NOC 2272).
Air traffic controllers direct air traffic within assigned airspace, and control moving aircraft and service vehicles at airports. Flight service specialists provide pilots with flight information essential to aviation safety. Flight dispatchers authorize airline flights over assigned routes. Air traffic controllers and flight service specialists are employed by NAV Canada and the Canadian Forces. Flight dispatchers are employed by airline and air services companies and by the Canadian Forces.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Manitoba
The job prospects are good in the Winnipeg Region
advertised in Manitoba
- Authorize airline flights over assigned routes
- Co-sign flight authorization with aircraft captain
- Delay or cancel flight if conditions warrant
- Prepare and maintain flight plans, flight logs and other reports
- Analyze environmental conditions and assess load and fuel capacity
- Date modified: