Summary Construction Manager in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a construction manager. The following information is applicable to all Construction managers (NOC 70010).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
This occupation involves management responsibilities.
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- Hire and supervise activities of subcontractors
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
- Date modified: