Summary Mechanical Engineer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a mechanical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132).
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. They are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Design power plants, machines and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation of mechanical systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Date modified: