Summary Foreign Service Officer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a foreign service officer. The following information is applicable to all Program officers unique to government (NOC 4168).
Program officers unique to government are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Advise politicians and diplomats on the social, economic and political effects of government decisions on other governments
- Plan inter-governmental meetings and conferences
- Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of elections within constituencies
- Ensure that electoral and voting procedures are followed
- Co-ordinate administrative support services for legislative committees, royal commissions or tribunals
- Date modified: