Summary Mathematician near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a mathematician. The following information is applicable to all Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries (NOC 2161).
Mathematicians and statisticians research mathematical or statistical theories, and develop and apply mathematical or statistical techniques for solving problems in such fields as science, engineering, business and social science. Actuaries apply mathematics, statistics, probability and risk theory to assess potential financial impacts of future events. Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries are employed by universities, governments, bank and trust companies, insurance companies, pension benefit consulting firms, professional associations, and science and engineering consulting firms.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Winnipeg Region
The job outlook is fair in the Winnipeg Region
advertised in Manitoba
- Conduct research to extend mathematical knowledge
- Apply mathematical techniques to the solution of problems in scientific fields or other fields
- Conduct research into the mathematical basis of the science of statistics
- Develop statistical methodology
- Advise on the practical application of statistical methodology
- Date modified: