Latest updates on Job Bank
We're always improving Job Bank's website. You can learn about our latest updates on this page.
- The total number of messages you can keep in your inbox is now limited to 100. This means you can only see your most recent messages. Sign in as an employer to view your messages.
- You can now see the nearest employment centres to your current location directly on your dashboard if you have a Guest or Standard account, as long as you have provided a postal code in your account details. Learn more about employment centres.
- You can now find some jobs from Talent.com on Job Bank. Learn why Job Bank advertises jobs from other websites.
- We have improved our job search engine. It now helps you find job postings that match your search criteria even better than before. Search for your next job today.
- The Job Bank Support page has a new look. It's now easier to find answers to your questions and get the help you need.
- We will soon identify which employers are part of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program's Recognized Employer Pilot. These employers have demonstrated a history of complying with the program's requirements for working and living conditions, and worker protection. Their job postings advertised on Job Bank will now include a "Recognized Employer" designation. Search jobs from Canadian employers who want to recruit temporary foreign workers.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since September 2023.
- You can now update your business profile to showcase how your organization supports newcomers and refugees in the workplace. Learn more about business profiles.
- Using the “Exclude placement agencies jobs” filter will now only remove temporary work assignments from your search results. It previously also removed permanent work opportunities advertised by recruitment agencies. Try the filter now.
- If you go by a different name than your legal first name, you can now add it as a preferred first name in your account. Your preferred first name will be used by default in all future communications from Job Bank. Learn how to add a preferred first name in your account.
- We have published new pages outlining the five key steps you should consider when planning your career. These pages cover every aspect of each step in detail, break them down into actionable advice, and provide links to useful tools and services. Read our new career planning advice pages.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since July 2023.
- You can now repost a job up to 5 days after it has expired.
- When you invite a candidate to apply for your job through Job Match, a unique code will now be generated and shared between both of you. The candidate will be instructed to include this code in their application to help you recognize them. Learn more.
- When employers invite you to apply for their job through Job Match, you will now be provided with a unique code to include in your application. This will help the employer recognize you when they review applications, as they cannot see your name in your Job Match profile. Learn more.
- You can now reset your user account's security questions and answers yourself without contacting Job Bank. Learn how to do it as a job seeker or as an employer.
- When creating a user account, you can now select the gender-neutral title "Mx." if you do not identify as either male or female. Selecting a title remains optional.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since May 2023.
- We have updated our Job Alerts page to provide more information about this service and make it easier for you to subscribe.
- Express Entry candidates who have a Plus account can now apply directly on Job Bank to jobs that have been advertised for over 30 days. Learn more about Direct Apply.
- The Labour market news page has a new look and more search options. It's now easier to narrow down your search and find the most relevant news for you.
- We are looking to collaborate with Canadian learning institutions and training providers on the development of a new section of Job Bank's website. Learn how your organization can contribute.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since March 2023.
- We have updated our page for employers who are interested in recruiting persons with disabilities. It now includes more advice and resources to help employers create an inclusive workplace. Visit the page now.
- It's now easier to modify the search criteria of your current Job Alerts subscription. Learn how to modify your alerts.
- Temporary residents of Canada who have a Social Insurance Number that starts with the number "9" are now eligible to create a Plus account in Job Bank for Job Seekers and sign up in Job Bank for Employers.
- We have redesigned our Career planning and Trend analysis pages to make it easier for you to find the right tools and resources for your needs.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since February 2023.
- You can now indicate if your job is a paid internship. You will find this new option under the "Target audience" step when creating a job posting.
- You can use the new "Internships" filter to find paid internships. Try it now.
- Job Bank has transitioned to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Note that the wage and outlook reports currently available on Job Bank are based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since November 2022.
August 2022 update
- You can post a green job and indicate why it contributes to protect or restore the environment under the "Job details" step when creating a job posting.
- A new "Green workplace" indicator appears in the business profile's preview on your job postings when you select green initiatives under the "Business profile" tab in your employer file.
- You can suggest new options that you would like to add to your business profile under each of its sections.
- Tools and resources are accessible directly from Job Bank's home page to help specific groups of job seekers participate in the labour market.
- You can find all the resumes you've uploaded or created with the Resume Builder in one place under the new "My resumes" tab in your account.
- You can use the new "Green jobs" search filter to find jobs that employers marked as green. Try it now.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since August 2022.
- You can post a green job and indicate why it contributes to protect or restore the environment under the "Job details" step when creating a job posting.
July 2022 update
- Creating job postings is now easier thanks to a newly streamlined user interface. Check out the improved “Target audience” and “Requirements” steps.
- You can clearly indicate if you want to recruit apprentices in a specific trade. You can find this new option under the “Target audience” step when creating a job posting.
Here's what's new on Job Bank since July 2022.
- Job postings are now easier to read and understand thanks to an improved layout.
- You can use the new “Apprentice jobs” search filter to find jobs for apprentices. Try it now.
April 2022 update
- Create a business profile to highlight the accommodations, amenities and learning opportunities available in your workplace. Learn more.
- Visit our new page for employers recruiting newcomers to Canada. View the page.
- When creating a job posting, clearly indicate if you want to recruit students who are currently enrolled in an education program.
- Participate in the “Jobs for Ukraine” initiative. Learn more.
- Upload your resume in your Plus account and use it to apply directly to some job postings through Job Bank.
- View some employers’ business profiles to learn more about them and their workplace.
- Use the new “Student jobs” search filter to find jobs for students. Try it now.
- Search for Canadian employers participating in the “Jobs for Ukraine” initiative. Learn more.
Since April 2022, you can...
February 2022 update
- Select from an expanded list of benefits and highlight them more clearly on your job postings.
- Easily copy, extend, edit, delete or cancel your job postings directly from the preview page.
- Find more jobs in the federal government on Job Bank.
- Visit our new pages for immigrants and newcomers to Canada.
- Read our page for temporary foreign workers in five additional languages: Thai, Tagalog, Hindi, Korean and Mandarin.
- Read our new article about skills training.
Since February 2022, you can...
December 2021 update
- Include a message in your job posting to specify whether you are looking to recruit only in Canada, or also outside the country.
- Include screening questions on your job posting for candidates to answer when they apply.
- Visit our new page for employers recruiting persons with disabilities.
- Find thousands of jobs from new sources on Job Bank.
- Use the new “Canadians and international candidates” filter to find jobs open to foreign applicants.
- Visit our new page for job seekers with disabilities.
- Send us detailed reports about problems with a job or an employer.
- Find the latest information about the average wages and job prospects for a specific occupation or location.
Since December 2021, you can...
August 2021 update
- Include more “How to apply” instructions on your job posting to specify what information applicants should provide (e.g. a cover letter, a letter of recommendation, a proof of certification, etc.).
- Visit the new “Surveys and reports” page from your dashboard to let us know what you think about Job Bank.
- Change your preferences to opt out of all promotional emails and newsletters sent by Job Bank.
- Access Job Bank's popular tools and resources from our new home page.
Since August 2021, you can...
June 2021 update
- Keep track of document and contact requests received from Job Bank officers through the new “My messages” section on your dashboard.
- Advertise jobs that require almost constant travel by selecting the new “On the road job” location option.
- Update your preferences to receive Job Alerts emails daily or weekly depending on your job search needs.
- Sign in to save your answers and results to Career Quizzes in your account for future use.
Since June 2021, you can...
April 2021 update
- Take our new survey about labour market information. Your answers will help us improve the Trend analysis section of Job Bank’s website.
- Visit our updated page for Indigenous job seekers, and our new page for employers looking to recruit them.
- Find information about an employer’s application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) on their job posting.
- Use the new “Temporary Foreign Workers” filter when searching for jobs.
Since April 2021, you can...
February 2021 update
- Visit your new centralized dashboard to get a quick glance at your latest job posting activity, and find other key information about your employer file all in one place. Try customized dashboard views for users who have to manage multiple files at once.
- When selecting a preferred application method for your job posting, you can allow registered job seekers to apply by sharing their resume directly on Job Bank. Learn more.
- Visit the new “Applicants and matches” page in your employer file to preview and download resumes shared by applicants, or to browse through the list of job seekers matched with your jobs and invite them to apply.
- If you have a Plus account, you can apply for some jobs by sharing your resume with the employer directly on Job Bank. Look out for the blue “Share your resume” flag when searching for jobs, and keep your information up-to-date in the Resume Builder. Learn more.
- You can synchronize your activity between the Job Bank website and mobile app by connecting a device to your Standard or Plus account. That way, you can track all your alerts and favourite jobs from either platform. Visit the “Connect a device” tab in your user account to get an authentication code.
- Visit our improved Find a job page and discover more resources and advice to help with your job search.
Since February 2021...
December 2020 update
- Visit our improved Browse jobs page to find out what jobs are currently available, and which ones were the most popular and in-demand last month.
- Find new jobs in the pulp and paper and food services sectors from the Forest Product Association of Canada and EightSix Network on Job Bank.
- Choose to include or exclude virtual jobs and remote work opportunities when you search for jobs.
- As an employer, pick whether your virtual job or remote work opportunity will be advertised across Canada or only in a specific location.
- View newly updated low, median and high wages for occupations and locations across Canada.
Since December 2020, you can...
October 2020 update
- Input your preferred occupation and location in two separate fields to get better results when you search for jobs.
- View your most recent job searches for your current session, or sign in to your job seeker account and find a history of all your job searches in a new section of your dashboard.
- Read our new pages about Job Match and the Resume Builder to learn how to get the most out of each tool.
- Sign in as an employer to post a new virtual job, or to specify whether remote work will be offered for the jobs you're advertising.
- As an employer, advertise job opportunities available in different locations on the same job posting by using the new "Secondary job location" option. No need to create separate job postings for each location anymore!
Since October 2020, you can...
June 2020 update
- View our new COVID-19 page to browse jobs in essential sectors and access tools and resources to help you find work during the pandemic.
- Access news and reports about the labour market in your province or territory.
- Sign in as a job seeker to see the contact information for the closest employment centres right on your dashboard, and to access a detailed report of your job search activity dating back up to 120 days.
- Find jobs in the agri-food sector from AgCareers and CareersInFood on Job Bank.
- Sign in as an employer to specify if telework arrangements are available for the jobs you're advertising.
Since June 2020, you can...
April 2020 update
- Visit our new Work with us page to find information for organizations interested in collaborating with Job Bank.
- Visit our improved page for Veterans, with useful information for Veterans in the labour market and the employers who are recruiting them.
- Get better job search results by using the improved "Best Match" sorting option, which now improves the ranking of jobs that are more recent and closer to the location you searched.
- Receive Job Alerts emails once a day, instead of twice a day.
- View your compatibility score for new job matches directly in your notification emails.
- Try our modernized career planning tool to access enhanced profiles for occupations and education programs across Canada, now with more information on recent job prospects.
- Sign in as an employer to view an improved activity report for your file, which now includes information about the way job seekers interact with your postings.
Since April 2020, you can...
December 2019 update
- Read about Job Bank's one hundred year history in the new About Us page.
- More easily navigate on Job Bank thanks to our new and improved menu.
- Easily search for Employment Centers near you.
- Access Job Match through your job seeker dashboard.
- Track your favorites throughout the Job Bank website.
- When using Job Match, see what job requirements you meet for any verified job.
- Upload documents directly to Job Bank if requested.
- Specify the field of study information on a job posting.
- Add multiple operating names to your employer file.
Since December 2019, you can...
September 2019 update
- Filter out job search results from outside the province or territory where you want to work.
- Filter job search results by employment conditions and benefits.
- Find jobs from ZipRecruiter on Job Bank.
- Sort your job matches to see only part-time or full-time jobs, or to see only federal, provincial and municipal government jobs.
- Access our Resume Builder tool with a Standard account.
- Get a summary of recommended career options based on your results to our career quizzes, and filter your results by education level.
Since September 2019, you can...
Have an idea for our next update? You can share your feedback and suggestions with us.
- Date modified: